Fantasy Football

Week 11's Double Dippers & Stephen Strasburg

Picture

Justin Masterson

Fantasy Baseball’s Pitching Line of the Week: 

Stephen Strasburg (SP-WAS)  7 IP, 4H, 2R, 0 BB, 14 K, W

The long awaited Major League debut of Stephen Strasburg is officially over. The dust has settled, but some fans have yet to pick their chins off of the ground from the amazement that was a dominating fourteen strikeout performance. Strasburg schooled the Pirates with remote like control of his blazing fastball, changeup and a curveball that had the Bucs' knees bucklin'. What may have been more impressive was the velocity on his pitches as he progressed into the later innings, it never changed. The only runs Stephen surrendered came on a two-run home run by Delwyn Young in the top of the fourth inning for Pittsburgh that also scored Neil Walker. Strasburg was awarded the National League Player of the Week award in his first full week in the Major Leagues. He started 2 games, went 2-0, pitched 12.1 innings while posting a 2.19 ERA and striking out 22 batters. Good luck trying to acquire this guy in most fantasy baseball formats. He is currently owned in 92% of Y! Leagues. I wonder what the idiots in the other 8% of Y! leagues are waiting for? 

The “Double Dipper” is a starting pitcher who will get two starts in the same week. Each  Sunday we will preview top three options in each league and highlight streaming options for players owned in less than 50% of Y! leagues. 

Top 3 NL Double Dippers: 

Roy Halladay/PHI (@NYY, vs. MIN) – He starts regardless of match-ups. 
Josh Johnson/FLA (vs. TEX, vs. TB) – 1 ER allowed in last 5 starts. Insanity. 
Adam Wainwright/STL (@SEA, @OAK) – 8.71 K/9, Ludicrous Ratios. 

Top 3 AL Double Dippers:

David Price/TB (@ATL, @FLA) – 1 ER in last 2 Starts. LOB% 81.3 
Clay Bucholz/BOS (vs. ARI, vs. LAD) – 2 Starts @Home. 3 ER in last 3. Breakout. 
CJ Wilson/TEX (@FLA, @HOU) – 2-0 in last 2. .226 BAA. 

Warning: Streaming can be lethal. The following are owned in less than 50% of Y! leagues. 

Carl Pavano/MIN (@NYM, vs. SEA) – Decent ERA & WHIP. 3.69 K:BB
Justin Masterson/CLE (vs. NYM, @PIT) – 2-0 in last 3 including 2 hitting the BoSox. 
Freddy Garcia/CWS (vs. HOU, vs. TOR) – 3-0 in last 3. 15:4 K:BB in that span.  

Don’t Touch ‘Em 

Brad Lincoln, Ian Snell, Kyle Davies, John Lannan  

Week 10 One Start Stars Owned in 50% or Less 

Clayton RIchard/SD 48% Y! – Saturday vs. BAL (Millwood) – 4-1 w/2.29 ERA over last 9   
Fausto Carmona/CLE 26% Y! – Friday @PIT (Maholm)  – Tossed a CG, 3 H, 1 ER Gem last turn. 

Who will be the best 2-Start Pitcher owned in 50% or less in week 11? 
Will Stephen Strasburg continue to live up to the hype? 
Leave a comment, or reply to us on Twitter 
Twitter.com/thefantasyfix 

Tags: Fantasy Baseball Advice, Fantasy Baseball Blog, Fantasy Sports Blog, MLB, Two Start Pitchers, Double Dippers, Fonzy Scheme, Stephen Strasburg, Washington Nationals, Roy Halladay, Philadelphia Phillies, Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals, Clay Bucholz, Boston Red Sox, CJ Wilson, Texas Rangers, David Price, Tampa Bay Rays, Josh Johnson, Florida Marlins, Carl Pavano, Minnesota Twins, Freddy Garcia, Chicago White Sox, Justin Masterson, Cleveland Indians, Clayton Richard, San Diego Padres


Previous post

Must or Bust: Waiver Wire Gems? Niese, Lilly, Boesch & More

Next post

Week 11's 2-Start Pitchers & Stephen Strasburg

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.