Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Late Round Breakout Candidates

3 posts in this topic

Posted

What did you guys think of Sam Macey's late round breakout candidates article? If you haven't read it yet, you can do so here

I love the Aaron Gordon call. He's the perfect kind of player to take a shot on late in drafts that could easily outperform their ADP by a wide margin.

What players are you guys looking to throw a dart at late in drafts this year??

Posted

Great article! Really like Aaron Gordon, good call. He looked much improved on the offensive end during Summer League so he could well be worth taking off the board in the later rounds. Skiles has been frustrating with minutes in the past though, in my experience, so that's slightly concerning.

I'm also liking Stauskas in Philly, especially coming off international play. But my half court shot for a dark horse breakout season is Meyers Leonard. There is a little bit of competition for minutes in the Blazers front court, but they did draft him and I think he'll end up getting the lion's share -- that rotation is definitely something to keep an eye on in pre-season.

Posted

Cheers mate.

The Skiles factor is a worry for sure, but the Magic have a vested interest in playing Gordon - and Skiles will play him, even if it's off the bench behind Harris and Frye.

Stauskas in PHI I really like too, wrote about him here. PHI will start either Canaan at the 1 or Stauskas at the 2, depending what they do with Wroten - there HAS to be spacing besides Covington at the 3. They could start both, but neither are athletic or play a lick of defence.

Leonard's an interesting one - I like Ed Davis there as well. Actually like both of them more than Plumlee even though he'll likely get the starting nod at C which is a shame...