2014 Fantasy Baseball: Week 13 Two-Start Pitchers and Streamers
Author’s note: I was out of town last week and returned on Saturday, so this will be a shortened weekly pitching guide.
There are several two-start pitchers who qualify for the streaming portion of this article. For sake of brevity I’ll only cover them in the top portion of the article, but you should definitely pick up any of the two-starters you want to stream. If you have any questions about these starters, other pitchers or general fantasy baseball questions hit me up on Twitter.
- Clayton Kershaw – Tue at KC, Sun vs. STL
- Felix Hernandez – Mon vs. BOS, Sun vs. CLE
- Chris Sale – Mon at BAL, Sat at TOR
- Zack Greinke – Mon at KC, Sat vs. STL
- John Lackey – Mon at SEA, Sun at NYY
- Jeff Samardzija – Mon vs. CIN, Sat vs. WSH
- Tim Hudson – Tue vs. SD, Sun vs. CIN
Start in 12-teamers
- Alex Cobb – Mon vs. PIT, Sat at BAL
- Chris Archer – Tue vs. PIT, Sun at BAL
- Drew Smyly – Tue at TEX, Sun at HOU
- C.J. Wilson – Tue vs. MIN, Sun at KC
- Bartolo Colon – Tue vs. OAK, Sun at PIT
- Mark Buehrle – Tue vs. NYY, Sun vs. CWS
- Matt Garza – Mon vs. WSH, Sat vs. COL
- Yovani Gallardo – Tue vs. WSH, Sun vs. COL
- Alfredo Simon – Mon at CHC, Sat at SF
- Wei-Yin Chen – Mon vs. CWS, Sat at SF
- Homer Bailey – Tue at CHC, Sun at SF
- Matt Cain – Mon vs. SD, Sat vs. CIN
- Gio Gonzalez – Mon at MIL, Sat at CHC
- Shelby Miller – Tue at COL, Sun at LAD
- Lance Lynn – Mon at COL, Sat at LAD
- Justin Masterson – Tue at ARI, Sun at SEA
- Andrew Heaney – Tue at PHI, Sun vs. OAK
- Jose Quintana – Tue at BAL, Sun at TOR
- Kyle Gibson – Tue at LAA, Sun at TEX
- Marcus Stroman – Mon vs. NYY, Sat vs. CWS
- Jhoulys Chacin – Mon vs. STL, Sat at MIL
- Jeff Locke – Tue at TB, Sun vs. NYM
- Jeremy Guthrie – Mon vs. LAD, Sun vs. LAA
- Chase Whitley – Mon at TOR, Sun vs. BOS
- Nathan Eovaldi – Mon at PHI, Sat vs. OAK
- David Buchanan – Tue vs. MIA, Sun vs. ATL
Pitchers to avoid
Top streaming options available in at least 50 percent of ESPN leagues
Jake Arrieta – Tue vs. Cincinnati – The Reds rank just 16th in wOBA against righties, and Arrieta has allowed just two earned runs in his last four starts, striking out 29.
Wade Miley – Tue vs. Cleveland – Cleveland ranks 26th in wOBA against lefties, and while Miley is allowing runs he’s able to go deep into games, which allows him to rack up strikeouts (41 in his last five games).
Henderson Alvarez – Wednesday at Philadelphia – Alvarez has a 2.39 ERA by allowing just three earned runs in his last six starts. He’s had four scoreless starts in those six, and the Phillies have the fifth worst offense against righties.
Collin McHugh – Wednesday vs. Atlanta – McHugh has a 2.66 ERA in June and has struck out six in each of his last three starts. His walks aren’t pretty and he’s not going deep into games, but Atlanta has the fourth worst offense against righties and the sixth highest strikeout rate against them.
Jarred Cosart – Thursday vs. Atlanta – Same story as above. Cosart’s 3.78 ERA is just fine, but he’s allowed more than three earned runs just twice. He has an ERA below 3 in both May and June.