2014 Fantasy Football: Week 13 QB and D/ST Streaming Options
Defense/Special Teams streaming has been a popular option for a while now for fantasy owners. But quarterback streaming has begun being put into use just recently, it seems. As the demand grows we must meet it with a supply of fantasy articles. Each week I’ll highlight as many appealing quarterbacks and defenses fantasy owners can pick up for that week to stream in their starting lineups. As the season progresses, more options will appear as teams and players are dropped and we discover who’s real and who’s not. If you have any questions about these picks or fantasy football in general, hit me up on Twitter @44AMiller. Ownership percentages are ESPN and Yahoo!, respectively.
1. Eli Manning (49%, 59%) at Jacksonville – Jacksonville has given up six passing touchdowns in its past three games and still ranks in the bottom half of fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks on the season. Eli has seven multi-score games out of 11 this season, so he’s most likely going to have another big game.
2. Andy Dalton (48%, 60%) at Tampa Bay – The Bucs rank well in fantasy points allowed to quarterbacks, but they’ve played a fairly soft schedule, at least recently. Dalton rebounded from his craptacular game against Cleveland to throw four touchdowns in his last two games, and I wouldn’t hesitate using him, especially with all his weapons healthy.
3. Joe Flacco (54%, 57%) vs. San Diego – The Chargers have allowed a 7:2 touchdown to interception ratio in their past four games, and they have allowed 18 passing touchdowns to only six picks this season. This is a 9 a.m. west coast start time for San Diego, so that should help Flacco – who has nine touchdowns and three picks at home – pick on a tired defense.
4. Zach Mettenberger (8%, 5%) at Houston – Tennessee has lost all four of Mettenberger’s starts, but he has three multi-score games – including one against Houston – on a very good yards per attempt rate. Houston has allowed seven multi-touchdown games to quarterbacks this year.
1. New York Giants (49%, 39%) at Jacksonville – Jacksonville has given up the fourth-most fantasy points to defenses in the past five weeks on a per-game basis, including over two turnovers per game as well as over three sacks per game.
2. Indianapolis (45%, 68%) vs. Washington – The Colts dominate the bad teams, and they get dominated by the good teams. Washington is a bad team, so you can count on another high point total for the Colts defense, even with Colt McCoy starting. Despite playing just four games in the past five weeks Washington has allowed the most sacks (19) of any team in that time span.
3. Cincinnati (36%, 63%) at Tampa Bay – The Bucs have allowed the eighth-most fantasy points to defenses in the past five weeks, and just like the Jags it’s not pretty: Eighteen sacks and 12 turnovers in just five games.
4. Minnesota (22%, 23%) vs. Carolina – Carolina has given up the most fantasy points to defenses in the past five weeks (see link in the Giants blurb) thanks to a low-scoring offense – less than 15 points per game.