2013 Fantasy Football, Week Eight Aftermath and IDP Waiver Wire
We’ve reached the halfway point in the 2013-2014 NFL Season (Week 8) and did you survive the bye week disaster? Hope you had the depth to put out a starting lineup this past week as I sure have struggled in some leagues. Also, the injury bug has hit hard as of late and I hope you’ve recovered and picked up a viable replacement. It was good too see Bobby Wagner back on the field and Calais Campbell finally putting it together the last couple weeks and Muhammad Wilkerson has been consistent as of late, he’s rising up rankings thats for sure. Getting closer to playoff time in fantasy and if you’re a contending team now’s the time to strengthen your starters and target guys who already had their bye week but if you’re a rebuilding team then I’d highly advise to trade your savvy vets that are producing to a contending team and get back youth to build for next year and beyond. I’ll get into this more after I take a look at the top 5 performers from each position in week 8.
TOP 5 DL
- ROBERT QUINN (RAMS): 5 tackles 4 TFL 3 sacks
- JONATHAN BABINEAUX (FALCONS): 7 tackles 3TFL 1FF 1Sack
- CHRIS LONG (RAMS): 4 tackles 4TFL 3-Sacks
- KYLE WILLIAMS (BILLS): 9 tackles (6 solo) 2TFL 1.5-Sacks
- CALAIS CAMPBELL (CARDINALS): 5 tackles 2TFL 1-Sack
TOP 5 LB
- SEAN LEE (COWBOYS): 10 tackles (7 solo) 2-INT 1PD
- BRUCE IRVIN (SEAHAWKS): 9 tackles (8 solo) 1FF 1-INT 1-Sack
- DERRICK JOHNSON (CHIEFS): 12 tackles 2TFL
- DAN SKUTA (49ers): 6 tackles 1TFL 1FR 1TD
- LAVONTE DAVID (BUCS): 12 Tackles (9 solo) 2TFL 1-Sack
TOP 5 CB
- DOMINIQUE RODGERS-CROMARTIE (BRONCOS): 5 tackles 1TFL 1-Int 3PD 1TD
- ADAM JONES (BENGALS): 7 tackles (6 solo) 1-Int 2PD 1TD
- DEANGELO HALL (REDSKINS): 4 tackles 2-int 3PD 1TD
- TERRELL THOMAS (GIANTS): 11 tackles (10 solo) 1FF 1-sack 1PD
- CHRIS CROCKER (REDSKINS): 5 tackles (4 solo) 1-INT 1PD 1TD
*Notes* Sean Lee is once again near the top or at the top of the LB ranks and if you’ve been patient with him you’re being rewarded, also if you’ve asked me to hang onto him early on and I told you yes then you’re rejoicing right now. Chris Long is coming along, but seems like more so of a favorable match-up play than an every week starter because we all know Seattle’s OLine is a mess right now as both he and Robert Quinn dominated the line (both had 3 QB Sacks). You see some consistency with the top 5 in DL and LB but once again the DB’s are random and hard to predict, which is why streaming works best (if you don’t have a top 10 DB). Bruce Irvin showed up on Monday Night Football, did you see him on that covered route on Cook and the interception? As we hit the crucial weeks in fantasy, it’s not the time to play cute with your lineups.
WAIVER WIRE SUGGESTIONS:
- ADAM JONES (BENGALS): with Leon Hall out, Adam becomes a sneaky pick-up but it is a risk/reward. He’ll definitely be in line for opportunities.
- SIO MOORE (RAIDERS): he’s getting more playing time and is making his presence felt, had 2 sacks against Steelers and as season progresses he will get better. Definitely a LB to grab for a big play ability and especially in dynasty league as he’s the future OLB in Oakland.
- BRUCE IRVIN (SEAHAWKS): if he’s somehow still available in your league, this is your week to grab him. Looked like he played all over as SLB on MNF and if so he’ll put up some numbers.
- CHRIS JONES (PATRIOTS): another DL getting slept on, has been on a tear recently and you should pick him up while he’s hot. Jones is a solid DL2 start.
- JUNIOR GALETTE (SAINTS): another one of those LB’s you’d target for sacks more so than tackles and anything else is a bonus, but if you’re suffering from bye week blues then take a look at Galette.
stay tuned for my week 9 rankings that’ll be posted tomorrow, link posted via twitter @IDPwithBEE_DSE and as always feel free to ask me some questions.
Thank You and Aloha!